The history of the Accornero winery has its roots in the history of Monferrato. The family of Bartolomeo Accornero, who was born in 1839, owned a modest plot of land, bordering the current estate. After many years of work, he managed to buy the Ca ‘Cima Estate in 1897 from the noble Cavalier Negri. The production was carried out by his son Giuseppe and his nephew Giovanni Battista. The latter then married Alfonsina Coppo, from whom the current owner was born, Giulio Accornero, who carries on the production with his children.
The Ca ‘Cima is located in the municipality of Vignale Monferrato, with an area of 20 hectares entirely planted with vineyards. The culture is strictly biological, without the use of chemical fertilizers and herbicides; the use of natural fertilizers and products that are not harmful to the environment allow the soil a natural phytosanitary defense, guaranteeing high quality to the product. The company use modern technologies, while remaining always faithful to the more traditional processes of winemaking, thus offering the great wines of the territory of Monferrato. Here are produced the classic wines of the Monferrato area, such as Grignolino (whose name derives from grignole, the grape seeds), in the Bricco del Bosco label, Vigne Vecchie and the Barbera in the Bricco Battista labels (Barbera Superiore) and Giulin.
How to visit it
The visit with tasting of Grignolino and Barbera is included in the itinerary “The Wine of Nobles, Grignolino, regain its place“.