The village of Ottiglio presents itself with delightful clustered houses on the hill. During the day the sun enhances the golden yellow of the ripe grapes on the tufaceous stone facades, at night the lights recall the unmistakable image of a nativity scene.
At the top of the village, two buildings, emerge between the others: the castle, in a dominant position and the church of San Germano a little lower. This church stands in a scenic and suggestive point. The construction, in brick and tuff, in alternate courses, began in 1761. It strikes the contrast between the austerity of the facade and the luxury of the interior decorations. Many frescoes (also in the choir) of the highest quality, by an artist of the time. The choir is striking for its beauty (it comes from Santa Croce di Casale). Due to its artistic richness, the church of San Germanois chosen for classical music concerts.
This village is part of the itinerary: “Palaces, castles and legends in Monferrato“.